- Strategic Consulting
eDJ Group consultants help corporations and law firms develop defensible, practical discovery solutions to reduce risk and cost, and allow you to spend more time on core business. If you want your information professionals to work from a cost-rational, defensible, repeatable process, we can help.
eDJ Group focuses entirely on eDiscovery and information governance. Our "Research Consultants" cycle between consulting engagements and on-demand research projects in order to keep a real-world perspective combined with cutting edge market data.
eDJ Group believes that efficient, cost effective procedures with right-sized technology support are the best protection against budget over runs, government fines, legal sanctions and even damaging verdicts. We focus on areas such as legal hold, data retention, litigation readiness, and discovery strategy.Ad hoc, manual approaches to eDiscovery can be streamlined with proven techniques and the
We work WITH your team on targeted, tightly budgeted projects that empower you to:
- Reduce over and under preservation of data and minimize spoliation exposures
- Evaluateand select appropriate technologies to support overall eDiscovery and information governance efforts
- Lower costs and time spent managing legal hold and document retention policies
- Increase key stakeholder confidence with repeatable eDiscovery processes and technology
- Build an attainable litigation response strategy and take information governance projects off of the back burner
eDJGroup’s Strategic Consulting Division was created to respond to our clients’ needs for unbiased assistance in navigating complex information governance and discovery requirements. Our Research Consultants’ deep experience across the complete eDiscovery lifecycle in corporations, law firms, government agencies and service providers enables us to help clients generate workflow efficiencies from large enterprise-wide process and technology overhauls to individual data reclamation projects.
- We don’t sell software or services - our solutions are based on experience and active research
- Each member of our professional team has decades of experience managing high profile projects
- We work with clients to focus on process improvement and problem solving to make them truly litigation ready by enhancing the capabilities of existing staffs
- eDJ consultants are available to advise clients on technology advancements, evolving industry expectations and trending best practices
eDJGroup Strategic Consulting - provides a focused suite of consulting services through anapproaches based on years of experience designing/managing processes, selecting technology and mentoring.
- eDiscoveryStrategy –Provide critical perspective on eDiscovery trends, solutions, pitfalls and opportunities to key decision makers shaping your corporate discovery response.
- Process Development and Protocol Documentation– Assess goals, requirements and resources to create and document custom workflow solutions to your critical discovery pain points.
- Litigation Readiness –Transform matter-driven, ad-hoc legal hold and discovery response methods with proactive, repeatable procedures, standardized workflow, and technology.
- Legal Hold– Assess current hold processes to develop or enhance workflow and documentation methods. Assist in the selection of tools and technology and provide curriculum creation and training to achieve a reasonable risk-cost balance in compliance with an organization’s discovery environment and expectations
- Retention Management –Assist in the design and support of retention policies and workflow to lower risk of inadvertent spoliation and maximize appropriate data dissolution
- Ongoing Inquiry Access toeDJ Consultants –Have your own expert on call for critical questions and outside perspective.
- Customized Research –Our consultants can create custom surveys and research studies to get you hard market and industry data to support your decisions.
- Technology Enablement –Map your unique requirements and usage scenarios to your new legal technology with custom interactive training and protocol definition.
- Selection Support– Design and manage selection of services and technology including drafting RFPs, fostering blind RFIs, narrowing candidates, negotiating support and performing proof of concept and acceptance testing
- Application Testing – Performance, Acceptance and Validation –Create custom test plans for legal technology
acceptance and validation assurance; know that your legal technology meets your requirements.
- Discovery Data Maps –Support legal and IT to create static/dynamic centralized data maps of key ESI sources, custodians and organizations.
- 30(b)(6) Witness Support –Survey corporate ESI sources, preservation and collection systems and either train internal designated fact witnesses or serve as third party witnesses.
- Discovery Metrics/ROI– Provide tools and methods to analyze the key costs, volumes and time associated with discovery requests to support budget, ROI and Total Cost of Ownership and outsourcing decisions
- eDiscovery Knowledge Enhancement–Get your discovery team up to speed with interactive, scenario driven training sessions.
Relevant Experience / Case Studies
- Designed and managed improved discovery response process for a Fortune 200 corporation through policy development, workflow reengineering, technology selection and legacy data remediation.
- Managed corporate legal department legal hold technology selection process – including needs assessment, RFP development, POC,ROI, testing and implementation
- Developed extensive RFI/RFP for discovery outsourcing for international law firm
- Framed impact analysis of cloud platform migration for global food services conglomerate
- Assessed legal hold, discovery response, records and document management procedures, for boutique environmental response company; developed vision and roadmap recommendations for company data and platforms
- Developed and implemented legal hold and discovery response processes, technologies and personnel for Fortune 500 pipeline company
- Assessed and developed recommendations forover all discovery readiness and retention management maturity across all ESI systems for global IP asset company
“On behalf of a grateful client, thank you for your dedication to our mission, complete accessibility, willingness to do whatever it takes to drive our project to the finish line in an efficient and cost effective manner, sensitivity to the needs of the business clients and attention to the details. ”
- Associate General Counsel, International Mining Corporation (30,000+ employees)
Engage an eDJ Research Consultant